The Women’s Travel Fest has been following developments regarding the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and will continue to monitor and assess the evolving situation. Our participants’ wellbeing and safety is at the heart of our event and our sympathy is extended to all concerned during these very unsettling times. We are therefore committed to providing you with the most appropriate support while travelling and attending our events. We will be updating this webpage as needed.
How Does This Affect the Women’s Travel Fest?
Is the event cancelled/postponed?
No, the Women’s Travel Fest will continue as planned, March 6-8th
Traveling to our Event
Countries are continuing to implement additional health screening measures at transport hubs, to contain the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak. While stringent restrictions apply primarily to passengers arriving from mainland China, many countries are expanding these measures to more travellers especially those from countries most-affected by COVID-19, especially mainland China, Hong Kong (SAR), Italy, Japan, Macao (SAR), Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan (China) and Thailand.
What Percentage of the Audience is International?
Less than 2% of our registrants are traveling from outside of continental North America, and those who are, are coming from Iceland, Colombia and Puerto Rico. The U.S. and Canada represent 98% of all Women’s Travel Fest 2020 attendees. None of our registrants have cancelled due to travel restrictions.
Health Screening at Airports
Most countries have introduced health screening measures at airports and/or other entry points to contain the outbreak. These include temperature checks prior to boarding planes and upon landing, stringent questions about itineraries, and medical declarations.
We advise attendees to check entry requirements for the US where our event is held, especially if they have travelled from any of the countries most affected.
Please also allow additional time to complete check-in formalities and you may experience delays upon arrival.
Entry Requirements to the Event
We are compounding on the restrictions imposed by the immigration authorities of the respective countries and are implementing the following:
* No travellers from the Hubei province will be permitted access to the event
* All travellers who have been in Category 1 countries need to demonstrate proof they have been outside of the country for over 14 days evidenced by passport stamps or health certificates
* All travellers from Category 2 countries should only attend if they are feeling fit and healthy and showing no signs of symptoms.
* All attendees will need to self-certify that they have not been in contact with anyone infected
To provide further assurance to our participants, we are requiring that all participants who have visited the restricted countries after the 19th of February 2020, should contact email@example.com to complete a short questionnaire about their travel over the period
Extra Measures We Are Implementing for the Event
We have been working closely with the venue to ensure that the appropriate extra processes are in place for the event.
The following will be in operation:
* Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection around the venue
* Extra sanitization of public spaces and high volumes areas especially touchpoints – e.g. handrails, door handles, lift buttons, countertops, touch screens
* Increased availability of hand sanitizers in common areas
Hand sanitizer in the goodie bags of all attendees, provided by our media lounge sponsor Aerosoles
*Ensuring all bathrooms are stocked with soap
We are also implementing the following onsite event protocols:
* Online campaign to all our participants about guidance and protocols at the event
* Additional onsite mention of reminders about the hygiene protocols
* Implementing a microphone disinfecting policy between Speakers
* Prompt medical assistance for attendees, should any feel ill during the event
These measures will also be communicated with our exhibitors onsite, suppliers and contractors. We urge all our participants to take caution and follow these guidelines as they are the best methods suggested against contamination from the virus.
Steps YOU Should Be Taking
* Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
* If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
* Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
* Stay in your hotel or at home when you are sick.
* Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
If You Choose to Cancel
We hope you decide to join us, knowing the health risks remain relatively low. However, everyone has to make a decision that’s best for them and their individual health.
Our tickets are non-refundable, however, all ticketed attendees will receive video footage of the programming one week after the event, so you won’t miss out on what takes place on our stage.